Full-Time Relocation Project Coordinator
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Full Job Description
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Relocation Project Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of furniture installation, office relocations and Sustainable Furniture & Office decommissioning services as part of facility move, adds or change projects in support of the client requirements.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports or completes the coordination of furniture delivery and installation, relocation services and sustainable decommissioning services on projects.
- Liaises with service providers including relocation contractors and furniture installers to ensure services are met on time per schedule and budget.
- Creates non-complex furniture installation, relocation and sustainable decommissioning schedules and supports the MAC Team with scheduling on more complex projects.
- Completes deficiency lists for furniture installation or relocations, schedules remediation plans and checks for completeness.
- Coordinates site walk throughs and attends site visits as required.
- Attends site to oversee or assist the MAC Team to receive furniture delivery and installation and assist with relocation and decommission activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes and submits Health & Safety work permits.
- Coordinates and books security contractors/Commissionaires as required by the project.
- Assists in completion of procurement tender documentation.
- Assists in the validation of security requirements for vendors prior to bid award issue.
- Works closely with the Project Administrator to ensure PO’s are issued and invoices are tracked correctly.
- Completes all monthly billing documentation in collaboration with the MAC team and reviews for consistency and completeness to coincide with approved milestones as per the project schedule.
- Ensures all files related to the project are filed correctly in each project folder.
- Completes all communication documents such as move instructions as required by the project.
- Attends client meetings and completes meeting minutes.
- Develops strong internal relationships with other team members, service lines, project groups and operation groups to plan, manage and deliver projects.
- Maintains an effective positive working relationship with all clients, stakeholders and internal teams on each project to maintain client objectives – One BGIS.
- Contributes to the maintenance of an effective recycling third-party and charity database and hold good relationships with all.
- Effectively and pro-actively communicates with stakeholders, such as Clients, contractors and industry bodies (as required) to ensure Client satisfaction and BGIS’s success.
- Maintains a good relationship with all third-party contractors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills. (1-3 years of job-related experience in moves, add, change, furniture installation, decommissioning and facility planning projects or project administration/coordination work experience.)
- Skilled in strategic thinking. (Some experience in managing customer relationships and expectations.)
- Furniture systems knowledge a bonus.
- College Diploma or equivalent training.
- Ability to work independently to deliver non-technical projects according to requirements, on-time and within budget.
- Schedule planning and strong experience with MS Excel, Word, Publisher, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required. (Valid drivers license a bonus)
- French/English bilingual an asset.
- Administrative and strong organizational skills. (Administration experience)
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to communicate clearly with others for the purpose of data exchange, clarification and follow up.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- None required
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
How to Applyindeed
13 total views, 1 today