Full-Time Senior Software Engineer – Monitoring Solutions
Job Description Summary
Healthcare is developing fast in the fields of bedside monitoring, wireless, and mobile technologies. If you want to be part of the most exciting technology development today, GE Healthcare offers you that and more. Our work is solving technical challenges for an important purpose. We develop technologies to make healthcare affordable and accessible all over the world.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on the design, implementation, and testing of a patient monitor application software.
GE Healthcare is a medical technology and diagnostics business with a vision to become the leading innovator enabling precision health. With us, you can touch the lives of thousands of people globally and make every moment matter in your career.
- Develop clinical application software of a patient monitor. This includes visualizing the medical measurements on displays using numbers, waveforms, statuses, trends, and other visualizations, alarming to alert the caregiver, and sending the measurement data to network.
- Use various tools and processes to develop robust and high-quality software, meeting the requirements of the medical industry.
- Drive excellence and continuous improvement in software development methods and tools.
- Work as an active member of a collaborative and multi-disciplinary agile team.
- Take full responsibility of the software development, including reviews, testing, and documentation.
- Interact seamlessly in a cross-functional, multi-cultural, and global environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Substantial experience in software platforms, applications, and/or user-interface design
- Deep experience in object-oriented design in C++, other modern software methodologies, and agile software development
- Self-starter—eager and quick to learn and experiment
- Demonstrated engineering curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Legally authorized to work in Finland
- We value experience in device technologies as well as experience in these technologies: Linux, RTOS, Qt, embedded systems, configuration management, continuous integration, test automation, and physiological measurements.
- Experience in a complex system program with multiple processors in data chain
- A unique opportunity to work on leading edge health technologies and products
- Work with nice and supportive colleagues and have access to world class processes and professionals across different functions
- Possibility to influence in a diverse multicultural working environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Active and fun workplace community
- Great opportunity to learn and develop various technologies
- Work with and learn from talented experts in the health technology industry—in a team with great spirit
- Build your knowledge and skills with regular technical and soft skills trainings organized on site
- Possibility to try and grow into different roles in the organization—technical and managerial
- Hybrid working model combining remote and office presence
- Office near Pasila railway station in central Helsinki with own on-site parking, gym, great café, and restaurant
For further information, please contact Software Engineering Manager Pauli Salokoski (pauli.salokoski(at)ge.com, +358-50-586 5686).
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
How to Applyindeed
10 total views, 1 today