Full-Time Switching L1/L2 Technical Support Engineer (Relocation package)
The Technical Support Engineer will support client products from a major network infrastructure manufacturer, working directly with the partners and customers.
The Engineer will work with a highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other groups within the organization.
WORKING ON SHIFTS to cover 7 am – 21 pm
- Provide L1 and L2 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
- Participate in cross-functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
- Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
- English fluency both written and spoken
- From a technical college or university with networking, security, programming and NFV experience, like Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred.
- Associate network knowledge (or higher) preferred – JNCIA (CCNA) or ability to achieve this within 6 months.
- Eager to learn technology, interest in programming and scripting
- Network fundamentals including routing, switching and security technologies
- Excellent team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP, RSTP, OSPF, RIP, VRRP, IGMP, MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
- Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
- Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- L1 requirement
- 2-3+ years of experience in a support role (field engineers or as technical support engineer)
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Achieved a minimum of JNCIS certification and preferably JNCIP (CCNP or eq.) level certification
- Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
- Presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
- Proven escalation management and leadership skills
- Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously
Nice to have
Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
Good understanding of TCP/IP
Ability to analyze packet captures
Excellent client-facing skills
Romanian: C2 Proficient
French: B1 Intermediate
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process.
Technical Support (SL1)
How to Applyindeed
3 total views, 1 today